Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sisters Part IV

After we took Faith to the airport, we drove straight to the pumpkin patch.  We went to the same pumpkin patch that we went to last year, but I was disappointed to learn that a lot of the things that were free last year were in a pay-for-entry part of the farm this year.  Our kids are all too little to care.  
Thanks, Anni, for these pictures I pilfered.  
Maren was the most adorable miniature punkin.  
 Jared was pretty excited about picking out a pumpkin.  He recently discovered Halloween ghosts, so he was excited to find a little white "ghost" pumpkin.  He also picked out a little orange pumpkin for Eloise.
 All of the kids who could walk were excited about the mud.  It was a drizzly morning, so mud was plentiful.
 Jared and Eloise tried out the pumpkins as chairs.
 Cheyenne followed my lead and told Aaron he could have any pumpkin that he could carry.  He showed a decided preference for tall, thin pumpkins that were partially rotten.
 In the end, he was too interested in being part of American Gothic to settle on a pumpkin.
We didn't spend too much time at the pumpkin patch before it got too cold and rainy, and we got hungry for lunch.  We were there just long enough to bring home three filthy babies.
We spent Friday afternoon around the house, capped off with a delicious pizza dinner.  Jared and Todd inform me that pizza on Fridays is now a fixed tradition in the Knight house.

Anni and Maren had to head home early Saturday afternoon.  We stopped at the temple on our way to the airport.  Anni wanted to get some pictures of the temple in the daylight, and we dropped Todd off to do some temple work.  The wind was blowing and it was FREEZING outside, but the kids were pretty excited to be at the temple.
Cheyenne's family lives several hours from their nearest temple, so seeing a temple was an extra special treat for Aaron.  
 I think three of us were trying to get pictures of Aaron here, so he wasn't sure where to look.
 It was so fun to have Anni and Maren here.  Even when she is exhausted, it is so easy to get Maren to smile.
After Anni left, we were too worn out to do anything else.  We thought about having a picnic, but it turned out to be too cold.
Cheyenne and Aaron stayed through Sunday.  Aaron had been excited to go to nursery with Jared and Eloise (it was only Eloise's second week ever in nursery).  It was the only thing he talked about before he came to visit.  When it came down to it, he wasn't too excited to go to a nursery he didn't recognize.  He eventually settled down and let Cheyenne go to Sunday school.
I know it was hard on my sisters to be away from their husbands for a week, especially for the mamas with sleepless babies, but we loved having everyone around.  I can't wait until we get a chance to get everyone together again.

No comments: